6/15/2005

Report from PHP Chicago User Group

Well I finally quit being shy and went to the PHP Chicago User Group meeting last night. It was the first time I had been on the "L" train in Chicago, usually the Red Line subway takes me where I want to go. I will say that L is more fun than the subway. The things you see in office buildings at 8:00 at night...

We had 9 people there I think, including me. The founder of the group, Rich seemed quite surprised at the number of people there!

There was no topics really, we started with "are there any php questions?" and one guy talked about needing a framework to keep track of RPG characters. That lead to a disussion of "BOO" to the often hacked PHP-NUKE, POST-NUKE, and praise for MamboServer and Type 03 (or typeo 3 or type o3? I can't find it on google) Larry said that you had to increase PHP's memory limit just to install it...and Jordan said it was well worth looking at!

After that, we did some informal introductions.

Scott has written an article at sitepoint about using JEdit to edit PHP, I'm going to check that out tonight.

Anyways, kinda fun! I felt like I was back in college, sitting in the lab with the geeks talking about programming :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Okay, a little belated, but I think it's Typo3: http://www.typo3.com/

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home