7/09/2005

Two is better than One

I don't like programming by myself. At my job, I am the lone programmer. My boss meddles around a bit, but as he is responsible for about 50 other things, he doesn't get to do too much. I had a co-worker for 1.5 years, and that make work more enjoyable and I was able to bounce ideas off him, when I got stuck he could see my problem etc. This also applies to other situations as well. Two candy bars are better than one. Two beers are better than one. Two dollars are better than one. I'm better married to Mr. Nick. :)

Today Ivan asked if I'd like to work on some small projects together, something to the effect of "Extreme Programming" methodology. I said that would be great! We are both doing some work for Casey Software which is great as well. I want to perhaps work on a Order module for Dot Project or work to improve the existing Inventory Module. I just am nuts about the framework -- its not perfect, but the coding is very nice, well built (and I'm picky) so it makes it more fun to work with. :)

Link of interest to me today: Smarty as a sub language - I like Smarty. I can also see the side that php can itself be a templating engine.

Check out the latest Pro-PHP Podcast - PHP news

Listening to: George Thorogood and the Destroyers (Get a Haircut and get real job! Clean your act up and don't be a slob. Get it to together like your big brother Bob! why don't you get a haircut and get a real job!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Seth said...

So true. I'm also the lone programmer at my job. Not that I write major software, just utilities. I'm a part time employee, and part time scripter, and part time IT guy...

Anyway, yeah, its lonely when there is noone on your planet.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home