2/14/2006

Rails and Instant De-Rails

Thanks for the input on the Rails hosting and my Ruby question. I also got a response from the Chicago group which you can see in the archives here if you are interested.. I decided to go with different controllers since I will probably add more funtionality to the products section later.

I got an account at RailsPlayground.com. Joe was very nice in getting me setup and answering a few questions. I can't host my husbands "TeamSpeak" linux app on there since its just for web hosting.. but thats ok for now.

I installed InstantRails for my windows machine to work on..since I have 3 hour commute a day where I can work on my laptop. I got it working fine, the I was getting this error when I did scaffolding:


D:\server\InstantRails\rails_apps\iap>ruby
script/generate scaffold photo
exists app/controllers/
exists app/helpers/
exists app/views/photos
exists test/functional/
dependency model
exists app/models/
exists test/unit/
exists test/fixtures/
identical app/models/photo.rb
identical test/unit/photo_test.rb
identical test/fixtures/photos.yml
error Before updating scaffolding from new DB schema, try creating a tab
le for your model (Photo)
Grrrrrrrrrr...... so I updated to the latest Instant Rails. Same thing. I googled, only thing I could find is it can't connect to the DB (is it so hard to check that first and just say cannot connect?) so I double checked the password, use OLD_PASSWORD to set the password, tried NO password. Same thing.

I went to script/console and tried to create a new Photo and it say something about show fields * from photos error. Ok, well thats what I had before I even used InstantRails.

On the bright side today... the mangement company for the building I work gave all the female employees a rose for Valentines Day. Its nice.

Anybody have any ideas?

Edit: Updated the link for RailsPlayground.com ... sorry! I don't know why I put RailsHosting! doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home