3/22/2006

Baaack in the saddle again...

About dang time! ... geez, didn't know it would take so long to get all my crap installed and life in order again with a new computer. Loving the new computer, its very fast. 2ghz centrino processor, 1 gig of ram .. wide screen. Built in bluetooth (phone and PDA are also blue) and network card.

I dual booted Windoze XP Pro and Ubuntu Dapper Drake. Have problems with getting X Windows to run, I posted at Ubuntu Forums -- got any ideas? I tried installing linux drivers for my card ATI X700 ... I had to convert from rpm to deb... still doesn't work... very sad about that.

Wrote an article about VIM over at CodeSnipers, still loving it.

Working with Drupal ... love that also. Took me awhile to get the hang of it, but its coming. It makes me happy. Anything to make my life easier. Its Nifty. I also found some Drupal Podcasts which are very cool.

Also been having a little stress in the family side of life. My dad had prostate cancer sugery, all is well and they were able to remove all the cancer. Praise God.. then less than a week later, my youngest sister, 17, got into a car accident, rolled the car the long ways and landing on 4 wheels was able to get out unharmed except for some bruses. Poor thing was scared to death. Needless to say, the car is totalled. It used to be my car. I went to go see the old Loyal Blue 93 Saturn and paid my respects last night. If she hadn't of been wearing her seatbelt, she would of been killed. Hopefully thats all the action going on in my family for awhile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home